I got tagged by Mentor Texts.... I feel cool. Seriously.
1. I am a good teacher because... I was a total failure as a high school student. I remember all too well how it feels on the other side. Also, I live by my mantra, “If I am bored, then they probably are too.”
2. If I weren't a teacher, I would be... a rock star, a journalist, a poet, a writer of creative non-fiction, a collage-maker, a something-with-my-hands, or a manager/muse to creative types. But probably a teacher.
3. My teaching style is... like a stealthy ninja. We’re having fun…we’re having fun…we’re having fun…we’re laughing at the teacher for running into her desk again…we’re having fun…Oops! I learned something! How’d that happen?!
4. My classroom is... far, far away in some magical and slightly misty world. Until that fantasy reaches me, I share for my two classes and then trailer it in a room of very separate two purposes, which I share without too much pleasure.
5. My lesson plans... were really lovely and detailed when I did them in grad school.
6. One of my teaching goals is…to make kids figure out that they are smart and can learn all by themselves.
7. The toughest part of teaching is...having enough energy to get through the day and still having ten hours of marking to do when I get home at night.
8. The thing I love most about teaching is... how alive I feel when I’m doing it. The kids are cool too. : )
9. A common misconception about teaching is...that teachers are really clean-cut folks. I mean, lots of these folks really know how to unwind. It kinda freaks me out.
10. The most important thing I've learned since I started teaching...is not to let school completely take over your life outside of school. One divorce later, I’ve learned that I must remember to pay attention and nurture my personal life. But I still have to remind myself.
My apologies if anyone's already been tagged.